As pubs are now closed, HUG is in ‘recess’ for the duration. Stay safe everyone. Hope to see you all on the other side.
In response to the current situation, and in an effort to keep us all safe, HUG has implemented rules and suggestions for the duration. They are as follows…
- Members to be a ‘chair distance’ apart at the tables
- Members with flu-like symptoms, or even the sniffles, are to stay away
- Members returning from overseas or interstate must wait 2 weeks before returning to HUG
- Visitors* travelling from overseas or interstate are not allowed to attend HUG until 2 weeks from arrival has passed
- New members^ will be advised of the rules and asked to indicate any recent travel
- No kissing or…hugging
*The visitors rule includes visiting ukers and members’ families and friends. It is very rare for visiting ukers to turn up without first making contact via phone, email or Facebook. Those who do will be advised of the rules. Those who don’t will be advised on arrival and asked to indicate any recent travel.
^Equally, more often than not, new members make contact prior to turning up. Those who do will be advised of the rules. Those who don’t will be advised on arrival and asked to indicate any recent travel.
- Practise recommended personal hygiene practices
- Those who can to bring a music stand to aid keeping distance in case not enough table space
- Wash hands after ascending & descending staircase
- Refrain from sharing implements, eg pens, tuners, etc
The decision to attend HUG, or not, for the duration is each member’s responsibility. No liability is accepted for a member’s adverse outcome.
Here’s to us keeping as safe as possible during this very difficult current health crisis.
The Republic Bar & Cafe, HUG’s home of 13 years, has been sold. Our gratitude to the previous owners and staff for their generous and constant support since HUG’s beginning.
Happily, the new owners wish to continue that support and our gratitude continues. HUG’s home remains The Republic Bar & Cafe, North Hobart.
HUG is excited to be part of the entertainment at Hobart City Council’s Light up the Tree festivities. The event opens at 6pm on Friday 29 November at Mawson Place. Santa’s arrival around 6.30 is followed by family-friendly entertainment throughout the evening, culminating in tree light up around 8.30 pm. Hope to see you there!
Katie is HUG’s youngest member and her original song, Hawaiian Beach, has been shortlisted for the final judging round of the Australian Children’s Musical Foundation National Songwriting Competition, placing her in the top 15% of entries received.
Congratulations Katie from everyone at HUG for such a brilliant achievement…and we look forward to hearing you perform it for us.